On-call Media and Marketing Volunteer
Scope of Volunteer Role: The Microenterprise Development (MED) Program works to create new opportunities for entrepreneurs to access training, technical assistance, and capital for establishing, expanding, and/or sustaining small businesses. The MED program is recruiting for a media and marketing specialist who can help clients promote their businesses through technical assistance and providing marketing resources.
TimeCommittment: Minimum 3-month time committment, between 2-8 hrs/month. Flexible scheudle.
Location: Remote (via Zoom or Teams)
Essential Position Functions:
- Working alongside clients to provide technical assistance including but not limited to web development/design, social media marketing, graphic design, and product photography.
- Option to host workshops related to field of expertise.
- Providing consistent feedback to MED program staff regarding topics discussed and needed follow up.
- Professional background and training in one of the following fields: Graphic design, web design/development, social media, product photography.
- Must be culturally sensitive, respectful of diverse backgrounds and willing to work with English language learners. Prior cross-cultural communication experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; additional fluency in a refugee language (ex. Swahili, French, Arabic, Dari, Tigrinya) is helpful, but not required.
- Flexibility and positive attitude a must.
- Ability to handle sensitive client information confidentially.
All volunteers, interns, and staff are required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
1. Email [email protected] and express interest!
2. Fill in a volunteer application