Health and wellness includes both physical and mental well-being. The IRC’s Center for Well-Being provides services that promote wellness and ensure access to healthcare services that address physical and psychological needs. Volunteers will work with the Licensed Clinician to schedule medical, mental health and specialist appointments for program participants, assist participants with transportation for appointments and services as necessary, and assist with projects and administrative duties as assigned by the Clinician.
- Assist Center for Well-Being staff with filing case notes and other paperwork in client files.
- Follow up with healthcare providers to schedule client appointments
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of Adjustment Support Groups
- Transport clients to and from medical and behavioral health appointments in own vehicle as assigned by Center for Well-Being staff
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requirements: Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information; Strong cross-cultural communication skills, teamwork and flexibility.
Minimum Commitment: one 8-hour day per week for 4 months.
More opportunities in Tucson, AZ
Donation Transportation Support
Volunteers help the Development Coordinator with donation collection, donation distribution, & community outreach.
"Walk a Mile in a Refugee's Shoes" Volunteer - Planning Committee
Volunteers assist in a planning committee for the "Walk a Mile in a Refugee's Shoes" event; a simulation exercise for individuals to gain insight into the lives of refugees around the world.
"Walk a Mile in a Refugee's Shoes" Volunteer - Day of Event
Volunteers assist in hosting a simulation exercise for individuals to gain insight into the lives of refugees around the world.
Volunteers assist in managing the reception area by greeting clients and referring them to appropriate staff within the organization.