Thank you for your interest in assisting refugees and asylees in our community. By volunteering with the IRC in Sacramento, you can share your unique experience and skills directly with IRC clients. Volunteer support is an integral part of the IRC’s mission to provide opportunities for refugees to thrive in Sacramento.
Volunteers help manage the day-to-day operation of the IRC in Sacramento by assisting clients to access services and staff, manage front desk operations, answer phones, and respond to general questions about the IRC. Volunteers may also assist Case Managers with individual client activities.
The ideal volunteer in this role is:
- Comfortable completing tasks in an effective and relational manner
- Confident using online search tools, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Experienced with administration, record keeping, scheduling and logistics
- Successful when multi-tasking
- Able to excel with minimal supervision
- Experienced designing and/or working within existing operational systems, preferred
- Proficient in Arabic, Dari, Pashto, Spanish, Russian, preferred
Minimum Commitment: 6+ hrs/ week for a minimum 4 months during IRC business hours Mon – Fri from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Longer volunteer commitments encouraged.
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and undergo a security background check
If interested in volunteering with the International Rescue Committee in Sacramento, please complete a volunteer application by following this link. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator as needs arise.
More opportunities in Sacramento, CA
Current university students and recent graduates, apply your skills, gain hands-on experience, and impact lives.
Donations & logistics volunteer
Coordinate and collect donations to help our families settle into their first homes!
Citizenship Workshop Assistant
Volunteers will assist clients as they complete their citizenship applications.
One time support for specific projects, programs, and Saturday workshops!