PURPOSE OF VOLUNTEER POSITION:
The Client Coordinator volunteer manages the front desk and waiting lobby. This volunteer will always be the first person people see when they come into the IRC office. A Client Coordinator is responsible for setting and maintaining the overall environment, while clients wait in the lobby. Client Coordinators greet clients and help them access services. The volunteer is responsible for directing client needs to the appropriate staff member as well as answer phones, take messages, and respond to general questions.
- 6 months and/or long-term commitment
- Available Monday through Friday; 8:30-12:30pm and/or 12:30-4:30pm shifts
- Greeting clients
- Answering IRC main phone
- Making appointments
- Briefing staff on client’s needs
- Taking messages
- Answer general questions about IRC
- Assisting with executive management tasks
- Follow the “IRC Way” of policies and conduct
- Meet scheduled weekly/monthly commitment
- Perform all required tasks and functions
We ask that candidates have the following qualities:
- Commitment to the goals and philosophy of IRC
- Must be hardworking and self-motivated
- Ability to pay great attention to detail
- Possessing knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish.
This position reports to the Volunteer and Donations Coordinator
- Submit an online application here.
More opportunities in Oakland, CA
Contra Costa County, Community Volunteer
Community Volunteer will work closely with the Economic Empowerment team in providing basic community skills training to IRC’s female clients in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Oakland IRC’s Economic Empowerment program supports clients in rebuilding their lives in the U.S. The IRC supports new arrivals find their first job in the U.S. through Early Employment Programs, which blend classroom job-readiness instruction and individualized employment case management in helping over 75 percent of enrolled cases successfully find employment within 6 months of arrival to the U.S. While clients are looking for a job, they simultaneously learn about the complex U.S. financial services system, receive help in establishing bank accounts, and can access consumer advocacy and financial coaching support from IRC Financial Counselors.
Citizenship Workshop Assistant
Volunteers will assist clients as they complete their citizenship applications.
Human Resources Department Volunteer
Help the HR Dept with the assessment, refinement, and development of processes that will allow for efficient and smooth operations of the department. Every volunteer will work on a task or duty that will benefit the IRC program, clients, and/or organization while providing an opportunity for the volunteer to practice skills and gain deeper knowledge relevant to their educational and/or career goals.
Immigration Clinic Volunteer
Gain experience with a broad range of immigration policies while supporting the Immigration Program's community-based consultation clinics in Fruitvale.