PURPOSE OF VOLUNTEER POSITION:
Community Volunteer will work closely with the Economic Empowerment team in providing basic community skills training to IRC’s female clients in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Volunteers will assist clients by leading them through the day to day skills such as:
- accessing translator services for medical appointments
- shopping at grocery and department stores
- practicing interview skills for job hunting
- preparing for written driver's license tests
- engaging in English conversation
The volunteers will work remotely in Contra-Costa or Alameda county with individual clients, either in-home or at a location arranged between volunteer and client. Volunteers will provide weekly progress updates to the Economic Empowerment Instructor.
- Minimum of 4 hours per week
- Community Skills Coaching: Provide one-to-one coaching for one or more female clients living in Contra Costa or Alameda Counties.
- Field trips: Escort client to community resources such as shops, clinics etc.
- Administrative Support: Maintain accurate coaching records and communicate weekly with EE Instructor
- External: Communicate with clients by phone or email to remind/update about appointment times
- Meet scheduled weekly commitment
- Perform all required tasks and functions
- Attend supervision as requested
We ask that candidates have the following qualities:
- Strong communication skills (both interpersonal and with supervisors)
- Strong cross-cultural competency skills
- Strong sense of personal initiative and be able to work independently in a remote setting
- Computer literacy with PC systems and software
- Experience working with multi-cultural populations
- Clean driver’s license
- Background/certification in TESOL
- Language proficiency in Dari/Farsi, Pashto or Spanish
- California Driver’s Licence
This position reports to the Economic Empowerment Instructor
Submit an online application here.
More opportunities in Oakland, CA
Client Coordinator Volunteer
The Client Coordinator volunteer manages the front desk and waiting lobby. This volunteer will always be the first person people see when they come into the IRC office. A Client Coordinator is responsible for setting and maintaining the overall environment, while clients wait in the lobby. Client Coordinators greet clients and help them access services. The volunteer is responsible for directing client needs to the appropriate staff member as well as answer phones, take messages, and respond to general questions.
Economic Empowerment Volunteer
Economic Empowerment in Oakland provides tools, resources for economic mobility, financial independence, autonomy. IRC Services are designed to assist clients with targeted, industry-specific career counseling and training. Clients who are ready to graduate from entry-level positions to more advanced career opportunities are able to access these services that will help them grow professionally. The Economic Empowerment Volunteer will support these services through direct client interaction, coordination of supportive volunteer services, and classroom training.
Citizenship Workshop Assistant
Volunteers will assist clients as they complete their citizenship applications.
Human Resources Department Volunteer
Help the HR Dept with the assessment, refinement, and development of processes that will allow for efficient and smooth operations of the department. Every volunteer will work on a task or duty that will benefit the IRC program, clients, and/or organization while providing an opportunity for the volunteer to practice skills and gain deeper knowledge relevant to their educational and/or career goals.