The IRC in Boise offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities and internships, accommodating different time commitments and schedules.
If you are interested in volunteering either remotely or in-office, please fill out an application -- with your top three interests from the opportunities below -- here .
*Note: The IRC in Boise has a new vaccine requirement policy applicable to all volunteers and interns.
Current needs include:
- Youth Services Team Volunteer: Work with the Youth Services Supervisor to provide support at pop-up events and seasonal programming. These opportunities are often held after school and on weekends.
- Economic Empowerment Volunteer: Assist the EE team with technology training, client support, and administrative work providing clients access to cash assistance and employment programs.
- Resettlement Volunteer: Assist the case management team to meet the many needs of recently arrived individuals and families. Tasks may include driving clients to shop for supplies and administrative support for caseworkers.
- Temporary Housing Operations Volunteer: Work with the Housing & Inventory specialists to organize and execute hygiene and residential support systems at the IRC's temporary housing facility. These include setting up rooms, helping with moving into and out of the facility, preparing for new arrivals, and laundry management.
- Education: Works with the Education & Enrollment team for various needs, making sure adult and youth clients have access to the many educational programs available in Boise. Volunteers can select whether to work with children, adults, or both.
- Transportation: On call list of volunteers willing to provide transportation for clients. These volunteers can expect to be contacted about ongoing, seasonal, and one-time appointments.
- Interpreters: On call list of volunteers willing to translate in-person or assist with written communication for non-English speaking clients. Currently needing Dari, Pashto, Farsi, Swahili, Spanish, Ukrainian and Russian. Other languages also are needed occasionally.
- Internships: The IRC offers a wide variety of internship opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students. These internships range from 10-35 hours a week, and vary in length with a minimum of 1 semester. Please email [email protected] for more information.
- Glocal Friend: Although this is not an IRC volunteer team, in partnership with Glocal, IRC individuals & families can be paired with Glocal volunteers through a community support program. See their website here for details.
Questions? Email the IRC in Boise's Volunteer Coordinator, [email protected].