Volunteers will help clients safely use online resources and digital devices to develop language capabilities, improve employment search skills and gain basic computing knowledge.
Remote (work from home)
Minimum 3 hrs/week for at least four months. Longer volunteer commitments encouraged.
- Lead Zoom literacy workshops with the assistance of staff interpreters
- Help clients learn computing basics such as word processing and using the Internet to search for jobs
- Support clients with remote follow-ups as needed and with the assistance of staff interpreters
- Proficiency in digital communications and technology
- Experience teaching or training preferred
- Knowledge of Dari, Pashto, Arabic, Spanish, Russian or Urkainian a plus
How to Apply: Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you.
More opportunities in Turlock, CA
Internship opportunities in Turlock and Modesto
IRC Internships are available to current and recently graduated undergraduate or graduate students looking to apply their skills, gain real-world experience and impact lives.
ESL classroom aide
Under the supervision of the Vocational English as a Second Language instructor, classroom aides will assist with individual instruction in English classes to newly arrived refugees.
ESL Mentors work one-on-one with refugees and special immigrants to help improve their English skills.
Civics classroom aide
Under the supervision of the civics instructor, civics classroom aides will assist with individual instruction in citizenship requirements to newly arrived refugees.