In-kind donation coordination | 4+ hours per week for 3 months
Support the IRC in Abilene team by helping to coordinate in-kind donations, donors and logistics.
Location: IRC in Abilene office, off-site storage until (5 minutes from IRC office) and out in the community collecting donations
- Work closely with the case management team and the volunteer coordinator to oversee in-kind donations (inbound and outbound)
- Correspond with donors about needed items, drop-offs and pick-ups
- Manage in-kind donation inventory (in-bound and out-bound)
- Meet donors at off-site storage unit (approximately a two-minute drive from the IRC office to accept large furniture donations)
- Reach out to local groups and business regarding potential donations.
Ready to start?
- RSVP to and attend an information session.
- Review our current available volunteer positions and choose 3 that best fit your interests, skills, and schedule.
- Complete a volunteer application. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator as needs arise for your chosen position.You may be selected for an interview.
- Completing 2 reference checks and a background check.
- Once the interview is confirmed and conducted, successful interviewees will complete the necessary background checks. To protect our clients, we require background checks for all our volunteers, and we ask volunteers to make a $45 donation to cover associated costs. Currently, 92% of our funding goes directly to our clients, and your help to cover this cost allows us to continue providing the best service possible. These donations can be made at the IRC in Abilene office during normal business hours. For inquiries regarding the donation specifically, please reach out to Jen.Rogers [at] Rescue.org (subject: Volunteer%20Interest) (Jen) at (325) 675-5643.
- Complete onboarding training and paperwork.
More opportunities in Abilene, TX
Help address the education gap many youth face when arriving to the US. Tutor school aged refugee youth after school.
Youth mentors work one-on-one with a refugee youths (ages 15-24) through social interaction.
Single Mother Mentor
Single mother mentors work one-on-one with a refugee mothers (ages XX-24) through social interaction and friendship.
ESL program volunteer
ESL Volunteers work with newly arrived refugees as they build their English language skills.