Support the IRC in Abilene team by helping to coordinate in-kind donations, donors and logistics.
Location: IRC in Abilene office, off-site storage unit (less than 5 minutes from IRC office) and out in the community collecting donations.
Time Commitment: At least 3 months with a minimum of 4 hours a week.
- Work closely with the case management team and the volunteer coordinator to oversee in-kind donations (inbound and outbound).
- Correspond with donors about needed items, drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Manage in-kind donation inventory (in-bound and out-bound).
- Reach out to local groups and business regarding potential donations.
- Coordinate and run Donation Fairs every quarter. Donation Fairs are garage sale style set ups where our clients can come and choose from dontaions that the IRC receives.
Ready to start?
Email [email protected] to learn the next steps in becoming a Donation Coordination Volunteer.