Note: The central lab for early employment opportunities, volunteers serve a minimum of 6 hours per week (2 shifts). No employment experience necessary, but resume building knowledge and language capacity a plus.
Location: City Heights or El Cajon
Dates Needed/Minimum Commitment: Minimum 3 month commitment, at least 6 hours per week (2 shifts)
Times Needed: Mondays - Fridays, 8:30am-1pm or 1pm-5pm
- Provide one-on-one job search assistance to IRC clients
- Work with IRC clients to maintain up-to-date resumes and cover letters as needed, both of which require extensive drafting and editing skills.
- Assist clients as they navigate the job market in San Diego by explaining the fundamentals of working in the U.S.
- Identify potential job leads and guide clients throughout the process from submitting applications to their interview.
- Provide assistance with administrative or research tasks as needed.
- Preference to those with work experience within the United States and the ability to explain the job search process.
- Proficient in the use of computers and relevant programs such as Microsoft Office, Chrome, etc.
- Skilled at writing and editing resumes, cover letters, and searching career websites.
- Personable with language skills other than English is a plus.
- Attend a general IRC Orientation (1 hour)
- Additional one on one staff training
- Occasional volunteer meetings
(Please indicate which position(s) you are applying for under Top Three Preferences.)
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
San Diego Internship Opportunities
Academic internships currently available at the IRC in San Diego.
FarmWorks Volunteer Work Days
This is a monthly volunteer opportunity within the Food and Farming Department at the International Rescue Committee in San Diego.
Would you like to help permanent residents applying for naturalization? Become an interview practice workshop tutor!
Marketing and Outreach Volunteer
Do you have a marketing background? Consider assisting our Youth and Career Development programs through outreach and marketing!