Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. IRC teams provide health, infrastructure, learning and economic support to people in 40 countries worldwide. The IRC also provides support to thousands of refugees resettling in 22 U.S. cities each year through housing assistance, case management and referral services, job readiness and placement, English language training, community and cultural orientation, health and wellness programs, immigration services and other community integration activities.
Scope of Volunteer Work: Help our office run smoothly and efficiently as the Finance and Administration Intern. The Intern will assist the Finance Specialist in the management of files, collection of information for monthly reporting and organization of financial information. The intern will ensure completeness of required documentation, adherence to individual grant requirements, enter information into relevant database systems and assist in the oversight of contract compliance. This position may involve other administrative duties as assigned.
Location: IRC Seattle Office, 1200 S. 192nd Street, Suite 101, SeaTac, WA, 98148
Time Committment: Minimum 8 hours/week during IRC office hours. Regular schedule required. Position begins at the beginning of a school term, if possible. Minimum 3 months commitment.
Essential Position Functions:
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing,mailing and filing.
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports.
- Prepare tracking sheets/books for contribution-in-kind (“CIK”) for different programs.
- Help maintain accurate, clear and accessible accounting records.
- Work with the Finance department on other assigned accounting and administration duties assigned.
- Familiarity with basic accounting procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to learn new software applications
- Ability to handle sensitive client information confidentially
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Must be flexible, patient, and willing to perform other reasonable duties as needed
- Willingness to adhere to IRC volunteer and workplace policies
How to Apply
- Email VolunteerSEA [at] rescue.org and express interest!
- Attend a volunteer orientation session. RSVP to the next session.
More opportunities in Seattle, WA
Job Readiness Class Volunteer
Help newly-arrived refugees prepare for their first job in the United States as a Job Readiness Volunteer!
Anti-Trafficking Casework Intern
Join our Anti-Trafficking team by supporting survivors of human trafficking in rebuilding their lives.
Help support youth 18-24 in achieving their educational and career goals!
New Roots Garden Site Maintenance Volunteer
Passionate about gardening, food justice or farming? Support & maintain our Community Gardens!