The Financial Coaching Intern will assist the Financial Coach in working one on one with immigrant members of the community, including refugees, asylees and Unaccompanied Minors to broaden knowledge in Financial Literacy and empower immigrant men, women, children and families in the Los Angeles area to take control of their personal and family finances.
- Conducting outreach among refugee, asylee, and immigrant community
- Enrolling new participants and training new volunteers
- Providing one-on-one financial coaching sessions
- Input and track financial coaching data
- Currently in undergraduate or graduate school, or recently graduated
- Fluency in Spanish, Armenian, Farsi, Dari/Pashtu, Arabic, or Russian/Ukrainian is highly desired
- Experience in financial literacy or background in business, finance, accounting is highly desired
How to apply
- Sign up for an internship and volunteer information session here
- After attending the orientation, submit online application (must include resume, cover letter, and top three position preferences to be considered complete)
- Background check with HireRight
Please email Carly Boos, Community Relations Coordinator, at carly.boos [at] rescue.org if you have any questions.
More opportunities in Los Angeles, CA
In-Kind Donations Volunteer or Intern
The In-Kind Donations Volunteer or Intern will support the Reception and Placement and Community Relations team in providing in-kind donation support to help ensure newly arrived refugees have everything they need in their new homes.
Apartment Set-Up Volunteer
This position is responsible for helping provide a warm welcome to newly arrived refugees by assisting caseworkers with the set-up of new apartments and homes for families.
ESL Volunteer or Intern
The ESL Volunteer will assist our ESL & Civics Instructor in providing English as a Second Language instruction and assistance to refugees and immigrants in the community.
The Integration Intern will assist the Integration Manager with providing programmatic support to our Integration Program, including Citizenship Classes, Financial Capability, and English as a Second Language.