The Financial Coaching Intern will assist the Financial Coach in working one on one with immigrant members of the community, including refugees, asylees and Unaccompanied Minors to broaden knowledge in Financial Literacy and empower immigrant men, women, children and families in the Los Angeles area to take control of their personal and family finances.
- Conducting outreach among refugee, asylee, and immigrant community
- Enrolling new participants and training new volunteers
- Providing one-on-one financial coaching sessions
- Input and track financial coaching data
- Fluency in Spanish, Armenian, Farsi, Dari/Pashtu, Arabic, or Russian/Ukrainian is highly desired
- Experience in financial literacy or background in business, finance, accounting is highly desired
How to apply
- Sign up for an internship and volunteer information session here
- After attending the orientation, submit online application
- Background check with HireRight
Please email Carly Boos, Community Relations Coordinator, at carly.boos [at] rescue.org if you have any questions.
More opportunities in Los Angeles, CA
Reception and Placement Intern (Remote)
The Reception and Placement Intern will work with the Reception and Placement team to resettle newly arrived refugee families in Los Angeles.
Face Masks Sewing Volunteer (Remote)
Do you know how to sew? Feeling crafty? The IRC-LA needs your help in delivering reusable face masks to refugee families and children in need.
Immigration Intern (Remote)
The Immigration Intern will work closely with the Immigration team to support refugees, asylees, and immigrants with immigration services.
Financial Coaching Volunteer (Remote) - Arabic, Farsi, Dari or Pashtu speaking
The Financial Coaching Volunteer supports the Center for Economic Opportunity by working one on one with refugee, asylee, trafficking and other immigrants, including Unaccompanied Minors (UAC's) to learn the basics of building a budget, opening a bank account, and other aspects of financial literacy. Farsi and Spanish speakers especially needed!