Financial Coaching Volunteer
The Financial Coaching Volunteer will support the IRC by working one on one with refugees, asylees, unaccomapanied children and other immigrants to learn the basics of building a budget, opening a bank account and other aspects of financial literacy. The Volunteer Financial Coach will work with the participant to help them identify financial goals, such as saving for their child's college fund, or saving money to move into a better apartment. Once the goals have been identified, the Volunteer Financial Coach will work with the participant to plan and implement strategies to make these new goals a reality.
All sessions will be conducted virtually via Zoom.
- Experience in personal finance or banking preferred
- Fluency in Farsi, Arabic, Armenian, Dari/Pasthu, Spanish, and Russian or Ukrainian highly desired
- Once assigned to a client, MUST commit to entire 10 week session
- Flexibility and patience!
- Must consent to a background and reference check upon acceptance into program, including payment of cost of background check (tax deductible donation of $49)
- One hour per week, for a total of 10 weeks (per client)
- Full training and all needed materials are provided
- Ongoing support for the duration of coaching sessions is also provided
How to apply
- Sign up for an upcoming volunteer information session here
- After attending an orientation, submit online application
- Background check via HireRight
Please reach out to Carly Boos, Community Relations Coordinator, at carly.boos [at] rescue.org (subject: Volunteering%20with%20the%20IRC%20LA) if you have any questions.
More opportunities in Los Angeles, CA
Financial Coaching Intern (Remote)
The Financial Coaching Intern will assist the Financial Coach in working one on one with immigrant members of the community, including refugees, asylees and Unaccompanied Minors to broaden knowledge in Financial Literacy and empower immigrant women, children and families in the Los Angeles area to take control of their personal and family finances.
Reception and Placement Intern (Remote)
The Reception and Placement Intern will work with the Reception and Placement team to resettle newly arrived refugee families in Los Angeles.
Face Masks Sewing Volunteer (Remote)
Do you know how to sew? Feeling crafty? The IRC-LA needs your help in delivering reusable face masks to refugee families and children in need.
Reception and Placement Volunteer (Remote) - Arabic, Farsi or Dari/Pashtu speaking
The Reception and Placement Volunteer will assist the Reception and Placement Caseworkers to resettle newly arrived refugees in Los Angeles.