The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity, and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work: The Front Desk Volunteer will provide coverage for the reception desk, greet and direct client walk-ins, and schedule client appointments with appropriate staff. He/she will answer the IRC in New York’s main telephone line, direct incoming calls as appropriate and assess documentation of clients to determine program eligibility. The Front Desk Volunteer will provide additional clerical assistance and support to IRC staff in the New York regional office.
- Perform reception duties such as greeting visitors to the office and connecting them to appropriate staff
- Assess documentation of visitors to determine eligibility of services
- Schedule appointments for all programs depending on the eligibility of the client
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls
- Assist staff with clerical and administrative duties
- Display sensitivity to cultural and personality differences of refugee clients. Respect their beliefs and values.
- Adhere to IRC policies, particularly those related to confidentiality and client privacy.
- Communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Cultural sensitivity and detail oriented with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate and work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; additional fluency in Arabic, Dari, Pashto, French, Spanish or Kiswahili preferred.
- Willing to learn about IRC history, philosophy, global work, and local efforts.
- Willing to adhere to IRC volunteer and workplace policies.
To apply, click here.