The Front Desk Volunteers will support the caseworkers and staff at the IRC in LA by directing all incoming refugees to the proper department, answering general information questions, and incoming phone calls. Training will be provided.
- Shifts are available Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm or Thursday between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm or 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
- Volunteers choose only the day(s) that fit with their availability.
- Ability to read computer screens and type basic messages in English.
- This opportunity best suits volunteers searching for a long-term, regular opportunity.
- Fluency in Farsi or Armenian is preferred.
How to apply:
- Submit your online application here (must include resume and top three position preferences to be considered).
- Attend an IRC-LA Volunteer/Intern Information Session. Please sign up here.
Our Hiring Process:
- Interview with our Volunteer Specialist, Kristie Wong.
- Background check via HireRight (donation of $49 to help cover the cost).
- Attend an Orientation.
Please contact Kristie Wong, Volunteer Specialist, [email protected], if you have any questions.