Front Desk/Intake Volunteer
Support the IRC in Los Angeles! The Front Desk/Intake Volunteer provides support to the entire IRC LA team by greeting and directing anyone who calls or visits the IRC LA office in need of assistance.
- Answer all phone calls that come to the front desk and transfer as appropriate
- Greet and direct incoming visitors
- Assist immigration clients with completing immigration intake forms
- Recieving and date stamping mail
- Communicate with staff using Skype text messaging and via phone
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be comfortable using a desktop computer
- Must be able to send messages using Skype
- Must be comfortable using a standard desk top phone
- Fridays 9am - 2:00pm
- Wednesdays 9am - 1:00pm
To learn more about this position or to apply, please reach out to carly.boos [at] rescue.org.
More opportunities in Los Angeles, CA
Volunteer Citizenship Instructor
Volunteer Citizenship Instructors work with immigrants in the Los Angeles community to the civics, history and other knowledge required to pass the United States Citizenship exam.
Financial Coaching Volunteer
The Financial Coaching Volunteer supports the Economic Empowerment Program by working one on one with refugee, asylee, trafficking and other immigrants, including Unaccompanied Minors (UAC's) to learn the basics of building a budget, opening a bank account, and other aspects of financial literacy. Spanish speakers especially needed!
Reception and Placement Volunteer
The Reception and Placement Volunteer will assist the Reception and Placement Caseworkers to resettle newly arrived refugees in Los Angeles.
The Immigration Volunteer will support the Immigration Department in serving refugees and other immigrant members of the local community.