SCOPE OF WORK: The Tax Prep Reception Volunteer ensures that clients have a friendly face that welcomes them to a situation most people find very intimidating. Volunteers in this role greet clients and help them through the check-in process. Like the triage of tax preparation, reception prevents people from waiting for assistance when they might not have all of the documents they need.. The best fit for this position is someone who is personable, patient, flexible and a problem solver. Training is provided via an online webinar prior to your first shift and in-person training during your first shift.
- Greet clients and check them in
- Check paperwork to ensure they have what is required
- Communicate with preparer volunteers to ensure they are ready for new clients
- Create welcoming atmosphere to keep clients calm during a stressful process
- At least two 4 hr shifts per month
- Comfortable with using resources and asking questions
- Prior experience working with various language speakers preferred, but not required
- Passionate about refugee services
- Willing to learn about the IRC and our wide variety of programs
- Reliable and communicative of any schedule changes at least 48 hours prior to scheduled shifts
1. Email interest to volunteerSLC [at] rescue.org with RECEPTION in the subject line.
2. All volunteers are asked to donate $45 to cover the cost of the background check (which is completed online). The volunteer coordinator will prompt you through this process.
More opportunities in Salt Lake City, UT
Goat Kidding Volunteers: Training March 3!
Looking for a cuddly opportunity to volunteer this spring? We've GOAT you covered.
Front Desk Volunteer
Be the face of the IRC! Front desk volunteers keep our day to day operations going and serve as a friendly face for refugees arriving in our office.
Health Access Volunteer
Going to the doctor's office can be daunting for those of us born in the US, but think about how confusing it can be for those who are new to Utah? We are looking for a few volunteers with a flexible schedule that can assist refugees as they access the health care system.
Knitting Support Volunteer
We need(le) your help!