Welcome Center- Help Asylum Seeking Families
IRC Phoenix is looking for volunteers that would like to assist asylum seeking families at the Welcome Center, a dynamic, 24/7 emergency support center providing resources to newly arrived asylum seekers and their children.
There are several teams of volunteers at the Welcome Center. Volunteers can choose what areas they would like to help with. Some roles require additional screening, background check, and/or Spanish fluency. Volunteer teams include:
- Intake (Fingerprint Clearance Card Required)
- Transportation (Driving Report Required and Fingerprint Card)
- Medical Support
- Children’s Programming (Fingerprint Clearance Card)
- Front Desk/Reception
- 18 years or older
- Flexibility with time
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to commit to 4 hour volunteer shift weekly
- Prefer Spanish fluency, but not required
- Fill out online application at rescueglobal.secure.force.com/volunteer
- Email VolunteerPhx [at] Rescue.org or call 602.433.2440 ext.202 to schedule phone interview.
- After the phone interview, all applicants will need to complete IRC background check at own expense, approx. $30.
- Orientation and training will be provided onsite at the Welcome Center.
If you have additional questions, please email VolunteerPhx [at] Rescue.org, or call 602.433.2440 ext.202. Application: rescueglobal.secure.force.com/volunteer.