Share the American spirit of giving with refugee families this holiday season.
By participating, you make a refugee’s first holiday in the U.S. one they will always remember.
The IRC will match you with a refugee family for whom you will be invited to purchase holiday gifts. You will have the opportunity to present these gifts to your “adopted” family at a multicultural holiday party. Alternatively, you can drop off these gifts at the IRC office and we will deliver the gifts for you.
We recommend spending a minimum of $100 on an individual, $150 on a couple and $400 for a family of six or more. Giving to a family can be pooled to accommodate family needs and size.
Giving opportunities are still available if you’re unable to shop or attend the party.
Interested in adopt a family but live outside of Abilene?
Let us do the shopping for you. Remote adoption opportunities are available.
- Contact Emily Parker at emily.parker [at] rescue.org (subject: Adopt-A-Family) or call 325 675 5643.
- You will be assigned family and will recieve a holiday shopping guide.
- All purchases and contributions given to the IRC are tax deductible.
- Plan to wrap all of your gifts.
- Receipts for all purchases are required.
- The deadline for gift drop-off is Monday, December 18.
More opportunities in Abilene, TX
General and occasional volunteer
Unsure where you fit but still want to be involved? We would love to have you.
Youth program volunteer
Be involved in the lives of IRC youth by serving in the IRC Youth Program.
Mentor recently arrived refugee families or individuals through friendships.
Work in the internationally-minded and fast paced IRC office in Abilene.