PURPOSE OF VOLUNTEER POSITION:
Help the HR Dept with the assessment, refinement, and development of processes that will allow for efficient and smooth operations of the department. Every volunteer will work on a task or duty that will benefit the IRC program, clients, and/or organization while providing an opportunity for the volunteer to practice skills and gain deeper knowledge relevant to their educational and/or career goals.
- 8 hours per week
- 6 months volunteer commitment
- Create monthly reports to be disseminated to staff
- Analyze data and help create efficient processes
- Assist in keeping the information up to date
- Other duties as assigned
- Meet scheduled weekly/monthly commitment
- Perform all required tasks and functions
- Attend supervision as requested
We ask that candidates have the following qualities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills (both interpersonal and with supervisors)
- Possess a great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong sense of personal initiative and be able to work independently in a fast-paced office
- Comfortable with handling confidential information and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Interested in learning about Human Resources Management
This position reports to the Human Resources Coordinator
- Submit an online application here.
More opportunities in Oakland, CA
Client Coordinator Volunteer
The Client Coordinator volunteer manages the front desk and waiting lobby. This volunteer will always be the first person people see when they come into the IRC office. A Client Coordinator is responsible for setting and maintaining the overall environment, while clients wait in the lobby. Client Coordinators greet clients and help them access services. The volunteer is responsible for directing client needs to the appropriate staff member as well as answer phones, take messages, and respond to general questions.
Economic Empowerment Volunteer
Economic Empowerment in Oakland provides tools, resources for economic mobility, financial independence, autonomy. IRC Services are designed to assist clients with targeted, industry-specific career counseling and training. Clients who are ready to graduate from entry-level positions to more advanced career opportunities are able to access these services that will help them grow professionally. The Economic Empowerment Volunteer will support these services through direct client interaction, coordination of supportive volunteer services, and classroom training.
Contra Costa County, Community Volunteer
Community Volunteer will work closely with the Economic Empowerment team in providing basic community skills training to IRC’s female clients in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Oakland IRC’s Economic Empowerment program supports clients in rebuilding their lives in the U.S. The IRC supports new arrivals find their first job in the U.S. through Early Employment Programs, which blend classroom job-readiness instruction and individualized employment case management in helping over 75 percent of enrolled cases successfully find employment within 6 months of arrival to the U.S. While clients are looking for a job, they simultaneously learn about the complex U.S. financial services system, receive help in establishing bank accounts, and can access consumer advocacy and financial coaching support from IRC Financial Counselors.
Citizenship Workshop Assistant
Volunteers will assist clients as they complete their citizenship applications.