PURPOSE OF VOLUNTEER POSITION:
Help the HR Dept with the assessment, refinement, and development of processes that will allow for efficient and smooth operations of the department. Every volunteer will work on a task or duty that will benefit the IRC program, clients, and/or organization while providing an opportunity for the volunteer to practice skills and gain deeper knowledge relevant to their educational and/or career goals.
- 8 hours per week
- 6 months volunteer commitment
- Create monthly reports to be disseminated to staff
- Analyze data and help create efficient processes
- Assist in keeping the information up to date
- Other duties as assigned
- Meet scheduled weekly/monthly commitment
- Perform all required tasks and functions
- Attend supervision as requested
We ask that candidates have the following qualities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills (both interpersonal and with supervisors)
- Possess a great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong sense of personal initiative and be able to work independently in a fast-paced office
- Comfortable with handling confidential information and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Interested in learning about Human Resources Management
This position reports to the Human Resources Coordinator
- Submit an online application here.
More opportunities in Oakland, CA
Administrative Support Volunteer
The Finance and Administration Department is responsible for the IRC in Northern California’s financial accounting functions and the oversight of the financial accounting processes of the offices to support programs. This volunteer position is within the Finance and Administration team and will support the team with various projects and month end close responsibilities included assisting with client coordination support and helping to foster an environment in which both clients and staff thrive in productivity. By providing support to the finance and administration team, the volunteer will help make the transition to Northern California easier for hundreds of refugees. The IRC supports new refugees with financial assistance, language classes, vocational training, and resume coaching.
Financial Inclusion and Opportunity Volunteer
The Financial Inclusion and Opportunity Program at the IRC works to ensure that all of our clients are equipped with the financial knowledge and tools they’ll need to thrive in the competitive Bay Area. Based on the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s innovative Center for Working Families model, it complements IRC’s wraparound employment and income support services with dedicated in-house financial coaching and access to safe, affordable credit-building products.
Immigration Clinic Volunteer
Gain experience with a broad range of immigration policies while supporting the Immigration Program's community-based consultation clinics in Fruitvale.
H.O.M.E. Connect Program
The Housing, Outreach, Mentorship, and Education Program provides three levels of support for newly arriving families through community groups of volunteers. HOME teams (2-5 individuals) fundraise to provide a rental subsidy, a complete apartment setup and provide connection with the family.