The first face community members see, volunteers serve a minimum of 2 shifts per week (8-9 hours). No immigration experience needed, but language capacity outside of English is a plus.
Location: City Heights Office
Dates Needed/Minimum Commitment:
- Minimum 3 month commitment; 2 shifts per week (8-9 hours per week)
Times Needed: (subject to change)
- Shifts Available: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-1pm or 1pm-5pm
- Greet and assist clients at high volume front desk, both in person and over the phone
- Maintain immigration caseworker calendar, scheduling and confirming client appointments
- Correspondence processing, database updates and maintenance, file making and management
- Assist the Immigration and Resettlement departments with various tasks, as needed. Opportunities for increased involvement and responsibilities are available on Supervisor’s discretion.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Applications and Drive and multi-line telephones
- Customer service experience
- Proficiency in a second language (especially Amharic, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, French, Karen, Mandarin, Spanish, Somali, Swahili, Tagalog, Urdu or Vietnamese) is encouraged
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take direction (written and oral) and to complete tasks independently
- Ability to attend two day Immigration Training/Orientation in order to become familiar with Immigration services and procedures as well as volunteer duties and expectations (orientation will be coordinated with supervisor)
- Regular attendance is required.
- Attend an Immigration Training Orientation (5 hours); held once a month
- Additional one on one staff training
(Please include position(s) applying for under the question that asks for "top three positions".)
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
San Diego Internship Opportunities
Academic internships currently available at the IRC in San Diego.
FarmWorks Volunteer Work Days
This is a monthly volunteer opportunity within the Food and Farming Department at the International Rescue Committee in San Diego.
Would you like to help permanent residents applying for naturalization? Become an interview practice workshop tutor!
Marketing and Outreach Volunteer
Do you have a marketing background? Consider assisting our Youth and Career Development programs through outreach and marketing!