Immigration Intern: Assist the immigration department with clients who are applying for green cards, U.S. citizenship, family reunification, etc.
Employment Intern: Assist the employment department with interview preparation, job applications, employment workshops, job searches, DART orientations, etc.
Reception & Placement (R&P) Intern: Assist resettlement case workers as they help refugees with their basic needs during the first few months of resettlement (e.g. appointments, school enrollment for children, apartment setup).
Health & Wellness (H&W) Intern: Assist H&W case workers with medical appointments, filing, documentation, emergency needs, etc.
Volunteer & Donations Intern: Assist the Volunteer Coordinator and Donations Associate with building volunteer networks and soliciting, collecting, and managing donations.
Reception Intern: Assist with answering the phones, filing, and managing daily office tasks.
New Roots Community Garden Intern: Assist the New Roots Specialist with managing community gardens and communicating with gardeners. Some weekend work may be required.
External Relations Intern: Assist the External Relations and Development Coordinator with communication and fundraising efforts related to special events, digital marketing, and Dallas’ GenR chapter.
Advocacy Intern: Assist the Executive Director with IRC’s advocacy efforts by conducting legislative and policy research, identifying and building support in the community, and coordinating meetings with community members and representatives.
Requirements for all internships:
- A minimum of 15 hours per week for 4 months (3 months in summer). Hours must be completed during normal business hours (i.e. Monday–Friday between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree program, or pursuing a relevant career.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate professionally in a multicultural setting.
- An interest in international and refugee issues.
- Reliability and flexibility.
- A willingness to learn about the diverse ethnic backgrounds of clients and adhere to IRC volunteer and workplace policies.
The Intern Application Process:
- Email VolunteerDallas [at] rescue.org with your resume, full name, areas of interest, and availability.
- Our volunteer team will respond to your email with a link to sign up for an information session and a link to our mandatory online application. Information sessions are encouraged, but not required, for interns.
- After your application is reviewed, you may be selected for a phone interview.
More opportunities in Dallas, TX
Help support IRC staff around the office by greeting clients and assisting with admin. tasks.
Saturday Donations Volunteer
Help sort and organize goods that have been donated to the organization.
Civics volunteers help tutor refugees for their citizenship exam.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
The IRC in Dallas offers team oriented activities throughout the year. These activities range from group work days at a refugee garden to organizing a donation drive. Gather your corporate team, co-workers, family or friends and get involved!