Location: Both El Cajon and City Heights offices
Hours: Varies due to need, but at least available 5 hours a week
Minimum Commitment: 6 months
- Come up with effective outreach strategies based on specific target population
- Making effective flyers (according templates and guidelines)
- Research and build a list of community organizations serving same target population and reach out to for client referrals
- Know how to establish connections and network with other community organizations
- Know high traffic areas for posting flyers and setting up booths
- Marketing and outreach experience required.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation (1 hour)
- Additional one-on-one staff training
(Please make sure to include your top position choice(s) on your application!)
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
FarmWorks Volunteer Work Days
This is a monthly volunteer opportunity within the Food and Farming Department at the International Rescue Committee in San Diego.
Civic Engagement Assistant
Are you interested in helping El Cajon residents learn how to improve their local communities? Become a Civic Engagement Assistant!
Asylum-Seekers Support Volunteer
Are you fluent in Spanish and looking to help asylum-seekers? Become an Asylum-Seekers Support Volunteer!
Data Entry Volunteer
Do you have experience with online databases and data entry? Consider becoming a data entry volunteer!