Location: City Heights Office
- Minimum 3 month commitment
- During business hours (M-F: 8:30am-5pm) - flexible schedule
As part of the Microenterprise program, IRC’s In-Home Childcare Licensing Program offers refugees the opportunity to become a licensed in-home family service provider. Through a three week comprehensive program, participants gain the necessary knowledge and skills in order to become licensed and start a family childcare business. Participants learn about business basics such as book keeping, financial management and marketing, how to submit the license, as well as health, nutrition, and other childcare topics.
- Provide assistance enrolling in-home child care entrepreneurs into the program
- Assist with intake and support of walk-in clients
- Support the business counselor in the preparation of applications for the childcare license
- Conduct quality assurance tasks including self-audits
- Provide assistance monitoring the childcare program by conducting follow up assessments and gathering data on outcomes
- Enter data and track outcomes through the IRC's Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database
- Provide support facilitating and coordination trainings
- Conduct outreach and participate in public events as needed
- Experience with both administrative work and direct service with diverse populations
- Excellent organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively collaborate
- English fluency required, proficiency in a refugee language (Arabic, Farsi, Swahili) a plus
- Attend a general Volunteer Orientation (1 hour)
- Additional one-on-one staff training
(Please include position(s) applying for in top 3 preferences.)
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
VITA 'Lead' Tax Preparation Volunteer
Lead a tax team for this year's VITA program! Serve as a point-person for volunteers and provide assistance as an IRC-certified tax preparer to help put millions of dollars back into the pockets of low-income San Diego Families!
VITA Tax Program Liaison
Support and promote this year's VITA program with community outreach and administration assistance!
VITA Tax Preparation Volunteer
Assist low-income families and individuals with tax preparation
Would you like to help permanent residents applying for naturalization? Become an interview practice workshop tutor!