Minimum Commitment: 3 months
Hours: 4 hours per week
In the non-profit world, often times what's most needed is an extra set of hands. Office volunteers are always at the top of the needs list at the IRC in Abilene. Get direct client interaction daily by fielding client phone calls and assisting walk-in clients at the IRC's front desk. Get a behind the senes look at what non-profit work looks like by being staff support and aiding in day-to-day adminstative tasks.
Support the IRC in Abilene team by providing general office support
- Field incoming client phone calls
- Assist walk-in clients with questions and connect them with the correct staff members
- Assist clients with understanding mail and basic questions
- Help IRC staff with various administrative tasks
Ready to start?
- RSVP to and attend an information session.
- Review our current available volunteer positions and choose 3 that best fit your interests, skills, and schedule.
- Complete a volunteer application. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator as needs arise for your chosen position.You may be selected for an interview.
- Completing 2 reference checks and a background check.
- Once the interview is confirmed and conducted, successful interviewees will complete the necessary background checks. To protect our clients, we require background checks for all our volunteers, and we ask volunteers to make a $45 donation to cover associated costs. Currently, 92% of our funding goes directly to our clients, and your help to cover this cost allows us to continue providing the best service possible. These donations can be made at the IRC in Abilene office during normal business hours. For inquiries regarding the donation specifically, please reach out to Jen.Rogers [at] rescue.org (subject: Volunteer%20Interest) (Jen) at (325) 675-5643.
- Complete onboarding training and paperwork.