SCOPE OF ROLE: The Pre-Arrival Grocery Volunteer will be assisting the Casework Department by picking up pre-ordered groceries from Wal-Mart and delivering them to the client's temporary housing. The volunteer will unpack the groceries and store them appropriately. This role ensures that clients have fresh food waiting for them upon arrival to welcome them to Richmond!
- Days and times: intermittent Monday-Thursday between 2:00 and 5:00pm
- Frequency: biweekly or weekly
- Hours: 1 per shift
LOCATION: Grocery store, client home (typically Henrico)
- Pick up groceries from Wal-Mart
- Drive to temporary housing and pick up room key from front desk staff
- Unpack groceries and store appropriately in client room
- Return room key to front desk
- Report to the Casework Department when task is completed
- Provide receipt to Casework Department
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Close attention to detail
- Must adhere to IRC professional standards and volunteer policies including those around boundaries, confidentiality, COVID-19, etc.