The Reception and Placement Intern will work with the Reception and Placement Caseworkers to resettle newly arrived refugee families in Los Angeles.
- Conducting virtual home visits for newly arrived refugee families
- Providing cultural orientations, connecting refugees to public benefits and community resources, and enrolling children in school
- Coordinating housing, apartment setup, and researching resources and in-kind donations for families
- Assist refugees with job search and employment opportunities
- Completing case notes and entering data into database
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school; or recently graduated
- Must be available to work a minimum of 12-15 hours Mon-Fri; including Fridays at 1:00pm
- Must be available for a minimum duration of three months
- Fluency in another language such as Farsi, Armenian, Arabic, Dari, Pashtu, or Spanish required
- Experience in social work or refugee services a plus
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit our online application (must include resume, cover letter, and top three position preferences to be considered complete).
- Background check via HireRight
- Attend a general orientation and begin placement and training
Please email Carly Boos, Community Relations Coordinator, at [email protected] if you have any questions.