The Reception and Placement Intern will work with the Reception and Placement Caseworkers to resettle newly arrived refugee families in Los Angeles.
- Conducting virtual home visits for newly arrived refugee families
- Providing cultural orientations, connecting refugees to public benefits and community resources, and enrolling children in school
- Coordinating housing, apartment setup, and researching resources and in-kind donations for families
- Assist refugees with job search and employment opportunities
- Completing case notes and entering data into database
- Must be available to work a minimum of 12-15 hours a week
- Must be available for a minimum duration of three months
- Fluency in another language such as Farsi, Armenian, Arabic, Dari, Pashtu, or Spanish required
- Experience in social work or refugee services a plus
HOW TO APPLY
- Sign up for an upcoming volunteer and internship information session here
- After attending, complete our online application
- Background check via HireRight
Please email Carly Boos, Community Relations Coordinator, at carly.boos [at] rescue.org if you have any questions.
More opportunities in Los Angeles, CA
Financial Coaching Intern (Remote)
The Financial Coaching Intern will assist the Financial Coach in working one on one with immigrant members of the community, including refugees, asylees and Unaccompanied Minors to broaden knowledge in Financial Literacy and empower immigrant women, children and families in the Los Angeles area to take control of their personal and family finances.
Face Masks Sewing Volunteer (Remote)
Do you know how to sew? Feeling crafty? The IRC-LA needs your help in delivering reusable face masks to refugee families and children in need.
Financial Coaching Volunteer (Remote) - Arabic, Farsi, Dari or Pashtu speaking
The Financial Coaching Volunteer supports the Center for Economic Opportunity by working one on one with refugee, asylee, trafficking and other immigrants, including Unaccompanied Minors (UAC's) to learn the basics of building a budget, opening a bank account, and other aspects of financial literacy. Farsi and Spanish speakers especially needed!
Reception and Placement Volunteer (Remote) - Arabic, Farsi or Dari/Pashtu speaking
The Reception and Placement Volunteer will assist the Reception and Placement Caseworkers to resettle newly arrived refugees in Los Angeles.