The Reception and Placement Volunteer will work with the Reception and Placement Caseworkers to resettle newly arrived refugee families in Los Angeles.
- Assist caseworkers with virtual home visits for refugee families
- Conduct follow-up phone calls to refugee families to assess their needs during COVID-19
- Research community resources, and guide refugees on how to access them
- Assist with interpretation
- Potentially be available to do contactless donation deliveries to families (if you have access to transportation)
- Must be available a minimum of 5 hours a week
- Must be available at least two weekdays between the hours of 9am - 5pm
- Must be available for a minimum duration of three months
- Fluency in another language such as Farsi, Armenian, Arabic, Dari/Pashtu, or Spanish
How to apply
- Sign up for an upcoming virtual volunteer information session here
- After attending the orientation, complete online application
- Background check via HireRight
Please email Community Relations Coordinator, Carly Boos, carly.boos [at] rescue.org (subject: Reception%20and%20Placement%20Volunteer%20(Vietnamese)%20Inquiry%20) if you have any questions.
More opportunities in Los Angeles, CA
Financial Coaching Intern (Remote)
The Financial Coaching Intern will assist the Financial Coach in working one on one with immigrant members of the community, including refugees, asylees and Unaccompanied Minors to broaden knowledge in Financial Literacy and empower immigrant women, children and families in the Los Angeles area to take control of their personal and family finances.
Reception and Placement Intern (Remote)
The Reception and Placement Intern will work with the Reception and Placement team to resettle newly arrived refugee families in Los Angeles.
Face Masks Sewing Volunteer (Remote)
Do you know how to sew? Feeling crafty? The IRC-LA needs your help in delivering reusable face masks to refugee families and children in need.
Financial Coaching Volunteer (Remote) - Arabic, Farsi, Dari or Pashtu speaking
The Financial Coaching Volunteer supports the Center for Economic Opportunity by working one on one with refugee, asylee, trafficking and other immigrants, including Unaccompanied Minors (UAC's) to learn the basics of building a budget, opening a bank account, and other aspects of financial literacy. Farsi and Spanish speakers especially needed!