The Reception and Placement Volunteer/Intern will work with the Reception and Placement Caseworkers to resettle newly arrived refugee families in Los Angeles.
Reception and Placement Volunteer/Intern Duties include:
- Assisting R&P Caseworkers to complete case notes
- Completing basic administration tasks, such as filing, creating labels and making copies
- Conducting follow up phone calls to refugee families
- Conducting home visits for refugee families
- Driving refugee families to various appointments, such as health check ups or social service agency visits.
Reception and Placement Volunteer/Intern Requirements include:
- Must be available to work a minimum of 5 hours a week
- Must be available at least two weekdays between the hours of 9am - 5pm
- Fluency in Vietnamese
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be available for a minimum duration of three months
Please note: This is an unpaid position that takes place in our office in Glendale, CA.
To apply: Please email resume and availability to carly.boos1 [at] rescue.org (subject: Reception%20and%20Placement%20Volunteer%20(Vietnamese)%20Inquiry%20)
More opportunities in Los Angeles, CA
Volunteer Citizenship Instructor
Volunteer Citizenship Instructors work with immigrants in the Los Angeles community to the civics, history and other knowledge required to pass the United States Citizenship exam.
Reception and Placement Volunteer: Rohingya Speaking
The Reception and Placement Volunteer/Intern will work with the Reception and Placement Caseworkers to resettle newly arrived refugee families in Los Angeles
Financial Coaching Volunteer
The Financial Coaching Volunteer supports the Economic Empowerment Program by working one on one with refugee, asylee, trafficking and other immigrants, including Unaccompanied Minors (UAC's) to learn the basics of building a budget, opening a bank account, and other aspects of financial literacy. Spanish speakers especially needed!
The Immigration Volunteer will support the Immigration Department in serving refugees and other immigrant members of the local community.