The IRC in Charlottesville is seeking volunteers with a wide range of skills to help plan the annual fundraising event We Rescue Lives, the World Refugee Day Celebration, and other IRC events. Volunteers on the Event Committee meet monthly with IRC staff to plan and execute events for the community and for IRC clients.
Location: Varies, in Charlottesville
Time Commitment: 10 hours/month, more the month of an event
Responsibilities May Include:
- Meet monthly with other volunteers and IRC staff to plan events
- Develop the vision, scope and theme for events
- Design digital and print materials for events in accordance with IRC brand guidelines
- Solicit sponsorships, raffle/auction items, and in-kind event support from local businesses and individuals
- Assist the IRC in marketing events through traditional media, social media, flyers and word of mouth
- Attend event including set-up and clean-up
- Experience organizing events or parties
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Robust social network and/or knowledge of Charlottesville business or philanthropic communities
- Graphic design, photography or videography skills
- Availability during regular business hours to attend meetings
How to Apply: Complete a Volunteer Application online, and email diana.connolly [at] rescue.org (subject: Volunteer%20for%20Special%20Events) to indicate your interest in this position.
More opportunities in Charlottesville, VA
Academic Year Internships
Apply to be an intern with the IRC in Charlottesville during the academic year!
Help refugees improve their English!
Child Watch Volunteer - ESL Class
Entertain young children while their parents attend English Class at our office
Apartment Set-up Volunteer
Help to welcome newly-arrived refugee families by furnishing and decorating their apartment.