SCOPE OF VOLUNTEER WORK: Spice to Go is one of IRC SLC Spice Kitchen Incubator program's initiatives. Through this program, we provide the community with the opportunity to order ready-made meals to enjoy on Thursday evenings. Spotlighting a different entrepreneur each week, the origin of cuisine changes every time a meal is ordered.
This volunteer opportunity currently takes place at Square Kitchen each Thursday located at 751 West 800 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84104.
- Volunteers must be 14 or older, those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Weekly Thursday shift is from 3:30-6:30pm - you must be available for the full shift.
- Training is provided on-site during your first shift, so timeliness is important.
- Volunteers with food handler's permits are preferred. A permit is not necessary to volunteer in this position.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires all volunteers who are interested in providing in-person support for our work to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be onboarded for the position. If proof of vaccine cannot be provided, volunteers may still apply for virtual-only roles.
- Attend a mandatory volunteer orientation.
Email us at VolunteerSLC [at] rescue.org
More opportunities in Salt Lake City, UT
Health Access Volunteer
Going to the doctor's office can be daunting for those of us born in the US, but think about how confusing it can be for those who are new to Utah. We are looking for volunteers with a flexible schedule that can assist refugees as they access the health care system.
Online Youth Tutor
This 2021-2022 school year support refugee youth of all ages with various tutoring needs!
Come support parents of young children and pregnant clients access healthy foods.
Housing Support Volunteer
New refugees are arriving and we need support with setting up their new homes. Be part of making refugees welcome in Utah!