SCOPE OF VOLUNTEER WORK: Spice to Go is one of IRC SLC Spice Kitchen Incubator program's initiatives. Through this program, we provide the community with the opportunity to order ready-made meals to enjoy on Thursday evenings. Spotlighting a different entrepreneur each week, the origin of cuisine changes every time a meal is ordered.
This volunteer opportunity currently takes place at Square Kitchen each Thursday located at 751 West 800 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84104.
- Volunteers must be 14 or older, those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Weekly Thursday shift is from 3:30-6:30pm - you must be available for the full shift.
- Training is provided on-site during your first shift, so timeliness is important.
- Volunteers with food handler's permits are preferred. A permit is not necessary to volunteer in this position.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires all volunteers who are interested in providing in-person support for our work to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be onboarded for the position. If proof of vaccine cannot be provided, volunteers may still apply for virtual-only roles.
- Attend a mandatory volunteer orientation, sign up for the next one here: https://signup.com/go/FVjFCTJ.
Email Dylan Cole, our Volunteer Coordinator, at [email protected]