Title of Volunteer Position: Lead Tax Preparation Volunteer
- Prepare Federal and State tax returns for refugee and low-income populations
- Perform quality reviews to ensure returns are prepared correctly
- Serve as point-person for volunteer shifts, to answer questions and provide quality review support for new volunteers, in collaboration with site coordinator
- Support training and onboarding of new volunteers, in collaboration with site coordinators, including observing and providing feedback to volunteers
- Other duties as required to support the program, including phone calls and scheduling client appointments
- At least 1 year previous experience as a VITA volunteer (preferably with the IRC)
- Attend and support Tax training (date TBD)
- Pass IRS certification exam (Advanced level)
Times Needed: (subject to change)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Tuesday, Thursday
Dates Needed/Minimum Commitment:
- Commitment from January to April 18th
- Minimum 8-10 hours per week
Number of Volunteers Requested or Hours Needed:
Approximately 5-10 volunteers
Apply with the link below:
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
Career Development Assistant
Want to utilize your skills assisting low income community members and refugees in moving beyond entry level jobs to professional, living wage careers? Click here to learn more!
After School Tutor (High School)
Do you enjoy watching students achieve new heights? Do you have experience in high school curriculum? Consider tutoring a high school refugee.
Higher Learning Navigator
Witness refugee youth move closer towards their goals. Tutor a refugee student currently enrolled or enrolling into university.
Center for Financial Opportunity: Front Desk Assistant
Join our Center for Financial Opportunity to empower and support refugees as well as other community members obtain and succeed in employment opportunities.