The core of the VITA program, volunteers serving 8-10 hours per week preparing returns. No tax experience needed, IRC provides training and support, certification required.
Location: City Heights or el Cajon office
Dates Needed/Minimum Commitment:
- Commitment from January to April 18th
- Minimum 8-10 hours per week
Times Needed: (subject to change)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm
- 1pm-4pm or 4pm-7pm
- Prepare Federal and State tax returns for refugee and low-income populations
- Greet clients and help them check-in for appointments
- Perform quality reviews to ensure returns are prepared correctly
- Answer phone calls
- Schedule client appointments
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Basic computer skills
- Second language skills a plus (Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, or another refugee language)
- No tax experience necessary – training to be provided
- Attend a general IRC Orientation (1 hour)
- Attend Tax training (date TBD)
- Pass IRS certification exam (Advanced level)
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
After School Tutor (High School)
Do you enjoy watching students achieve new heights? Do you have experience in high school curriculum? Consider tutoring a high school refugee.
Higher Learning Navigator
Witness refugee youth move closer towards their goals. Tutor a refugee student currently enrolled or enrolling into university.
Center for Financial Opportunity: Front Desk Assistant
Join our Center for Financial Opportunity to empower and support refugees as well as other community members obtain and succeed in employment opportunities.
Immigration: Front Desk Assistant
Are you passionate about the U.S. Immigration system? Help our clients apply for U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Resident Status, petition family members, family reunification, DACA, and much more.