COMMITMENT: November 2021- April 2022 between 3-15 hours per week.
• Complete all IRC and IRS mandated trainings, including the Volunteer Standards of Conduct Training and Ethics; the Volunteer Standards of Conduct certification; and complete the Intake/Interview & Quality Review certification.
• Gain Basic certification to prepare taxes, however, gaining Advanced certification is preferred. To help prepare more complicated returns, certification is needed at the Circular 230, Advanced, Military, Health Savings Accounts, Puerto Rico, Foreign Student, or International tax law levels. Prepare only returns that are within your certification level(s) and within the scope of the VITA/TCE Programs
• Prepare and provide high-quality tax returns to all taxpayers. Interview taxpayers using Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet, to determine if all income, deductions, and allowable credits are claimed.
• Engage the taxpayer when preparing the tax return, to ensure understanding of the information on the intake sheet.
• Advise the taxpayer that he/she is ultimately responsible for the information on the return.
To apply and for more information, click here.
More opportunities in Elizabeth, NJ
ESL instructor: Classes are online. We offer Zoom practice to build your technological confidence and share remote teaching tips. If you would like to teach or tutor at our Elizabeth office, please let us know, as it will help us shape the upcoming ESL sessions. Fluency or familiarity with Spanish, Arabic, Pashto, Dari, Haitian Creole, or Swahili is a bonus, but it's not required.
Tutor needed for topic areas of conversation, literacy, pronunciation, workplace English (nursing, IT), grammar, citizenship interview & exam prep.
On-Call Bilingual Resettlement Volunteer
On-Call Bilingual Resettlement Volunteers will assist with, but not limited to, interpretation, airport pick-ups, distribution of donated goods, home visits, food deliveries, and apartment set-ups.