Tax Program Liaison
Tax season at the IRC is our office’s busiest time of year and as a Tax Program Liaison you will be integral to the program and serve as a welcoming thread connecting our clients and our tax volunteers. Low income individuals and families come to the IRC looking for assistance in navigating their taxes and we provide free one-on-one help for these clients through certified tax preparation volunteers. In this role you will greet clients, check them in and lead them to their assigned tax prep volunteer as well as creating new appointments and following up with clients in the days and weeks after they have submitted their returns. Unlike our other tax related volunteers you do not need to be certified in tax preparation but you will receive training for this position.
- Distribute outreach materials in community as needed to promote program
- Greet clients and help them check-in for appointments
- Support front desk volunteers by answering phones and scheduling client appointments
- Follow up with clients via phone regarding incomplete or rejected returns
- Additional administrative support as needed
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Second language skills a plus (Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, or another refugee language)
- Desire to serve low-income and refugee populations
- Attend a general IRC Orientation (1 hour)
- No tax preparation certification required
Times Needed: (subject to change)
CITY HEIGHTS OFFICE
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Tuesday, Thursday
Dates Needed/Minimum Commitment:
Commitment from January to April 18th, 2019
At least 6 hours per week preferred
Apply with the link below:
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
San Diego Internship Opportunities
Academic internships currently available at the IRC in San Diego.
FarmWorks Volunteer Work Days
This is a monthly volunteer opportunity within the Food and Farming Department at the International Rescue Committee in San Diego.
Would you like to help permanent residents applying for naturalization? Become an interview practice workshop tutor!
Marketing and Outreach Volunteer
Do you have a marketing background? Consider assisting our Youth and Career Development programs through outreach and marketing!