In order to make sure we are reaching as many corners of the community as we can with the VITA tax program the IRC is looking for a volunteer to work as an Outreach Specialist. The Outreach Specialist volunteer will contribute to IRC’s community outreach and engagement initiatives by working to increase the organization’s presence in the community, with a focus on increasing the visibility of the IRC’s VITA program. The volunteer in this position will build relationships with individuals, citizen groups and other community organizations in support of IRC’s work.
The Outreach Specialist volunteer will participate in community and partner events in order to inform targeted population about services available through the VITA program and educate low income individuals about the Earned income Tax Credit (EITC). This position will collaborate with staff on the IRC tax team and be integral to ensuring we meet the goals of this year's program. Bilingual in Spanish/English highly preferred.
- Participate in community/local neighborhood events
- Inform the public about VITA program
- Develop outreach materials
- Answer questions regarding VITA and EITC over phone, email and in person
- Coordinate with partner organizations to create/attend community events
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Proficiency with computer systems used to create outreach materials
- Knowledge of VITA/EITC
- Experience with community outreach
- Flexible schedule with commitment of ~10 hours/week
- Commitment from December 2018 through April of 2019
- Attendance at community events which may occur on any day of the week
Interested? Apply HERE.
For questions related to this position please contact our volunteer coordinator julia.hart [at] rescue.org (Julia Hart) at Julia.Hart [at] rescue.org.
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
VITA 'Lead' Tax Preparation Volunteer
Lead a tax team for this year's VITA program! Serve as a point-person for volunteers and provide assistance as an IRC-certified tax preparer to help put millions of dollars back into the pockets of low-income San Diego Families!
VITA Tax Program Liaison
Support and promote this year's VITA program with community outreach and administration assistance!
VITA Tax Preparation Volunteer
Assist low-income families and individuals with tax preparation
Would you like to help permanent residents applying for naturalization? Become an interview practice workshop tutor!