Title of Volunteer Position: Tax Program Outreach/Admin Volunteer
- Distribute outreach materials in community as needed to promote program
- Greet clients and help them check-in for appointments
- Support front desk volunteers by answering phones and scheduling client appointments
- Follow up with clients via phone regarding incomplete or rejected returns
- Additional administrative support as needed
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Second language skills a plus (Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, or another refugee language)
- Desire to serve low-income and refugee populations
- Attend a general IRC Orientation (1 hour)
- No tax preparation certification required
Times Needed: (subject to change)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Tuesday, Thursday
Dates Needed/Minimum Commitment:
Commitment from January to April 18th
At least 3 hours per week preferred
Number of Volunteers Requested or Hours Needed:
Approximately 10 volunteers
Apply with the link below:
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
After School Tutor (High School)
Do you enjoy watching students achieve new heights? Do you have experience in high school curriculum? Consider tutoring a high school refugee.
Basic Skills Youth Tutor
Dare to dream with young adults looking towards a brighter future, tutor 17-21 year old out of school refugees in our El Cajon Office!
Higher Learning Navigator
Witness refugee youth move closer towards their goals. Tutor a refugee student currently enrolled or enrolling into university.
Center for Financial Opportunity: Front Desk Assistant
Join our Center for Financial Opportunity to empower and support refugees as well as other community members obtain and succeed in employment opportunities.