The IRC’s VITA program is looking for volunteers to help file and prepare income tax returns. This position will help with the logistics and support through the tax season (February through April).
- Complete Individial Income Tax course
- Be comfortable preparing income tax returns
- Be available for income tax preparation walk-in appointments
- Be able to commit to one or two 2-hour time slots each week
- Participate in pre-clinic huddles with updates and reminders of important information
- Problem solve client issues that arise with VITA Site Coordinator
- Walk-in sessions are 2-3 hours in length
- Sessions will be scattered throughout the week and day, including evenings and weekends
- The majority of sessions will be held in February, but will continue through April 13
More opportunities in Atlanta, GA
Youth Male Mentor
Volunteers provide mentorship for male high school students by facilitating monthly conversations and activities related to mental and emotional health.
Professional Mentorship Program
Volunteers help individuals advance their career through work readiness workshops, career counseling, assistance with training program enrollments, and job upgrades.
Connect to Success Conversation Partners
Volunteers support refugee youth and young adults as they learn English and adapt to life in the United States.
Connect to Success Tutors
Volunteer tutors support refugee youth and young adults as they prepare for standardized tests such as the GED and SAT.