The IRC’s VITA program is looking for volunteers to help file and prepare income tax returns. This position will help with the logistics and support through the tax season (February through April).
- Complete Individial Income Tax course
- Be comfortable preparing income tax returns
- Be available for income tax preparation walk-in appointments
- Be able to commit to one or two 2-hour time slots each week
- Participate in pre-clinic huddles with updates and reminders of important information
- Problem solve client issues that arise with VITA Site Coordinator
- Walk-in sessions are 2-3 hours in length
- Sessions will be scattered throughout the week and day, including evenings and weekends
- The majority of sessions will be held in February, but will continue through April 13
More opportunities in Atlanta, GA
Youth Male Mentor
Volunteers provide mentorship for male high school students by facilitating monthly conversations and activities related to mental and emotional health.
The IRC in Atlanta is looking for on-call volunteers in three areas to assist on tasks including interpreting, driving, and donations pick-up
English Literacy and Civics (EL/Civics) Class Assistant
The IRC’s EL/Civics classes help non-native English speakers develop their language ability, increase their understanding of US civics, and build their workplace readiness skills so that they can become active in their community as they pursue personal career pathways.
Women's Literacy Class Assistant
The IRC’s women's literacy program provides curriculum tailored to the specific needs of newly-arrived women and their families, including financial literacy, medical and housing issues, and employment skills.