SCOPE OF VOLUNTEER WORK:
The Warm Welcome Winter Clothing Drive is the IRC in Salt Lake City's annual winter wear donation drive to ensure nearly 200 recently arrived refugees receive clean, new or like-new coats, jackets, boots, warm socks, hats and gloves. For many refugees, this winter will be the first time they see snow. We want to make sure they are adequately prepared.
On October 21st, 22nd and 23rd, join us as a volunteer during our winter clothing distribution event! We encourage individuals and small or large groups to volunteer and support our efforts to keep newly arrive refugees warm for the winter. Volunteer support is needed both days.
Join us to:
- Help set up our winter clothing “pop-up” shop
- Hang clothing, organize racks, and sort winter clothing for refugee families
- Act as a personal shopper for a refugee family or individual
- Determine your availability on October 21st, 22nd and 23rd, and ask you friends, family, and other networks to join you.
- View available times and sign up for a volunteer shift here:
- Set-Up Support Volunteer: https://signup.com/go/hFGcSyR
- Personal Shopping Volunteer: https://signup.com/go/tautCFW
- Clean Up Volunteer: https://signup.com/go/qVuBwUX
While you’re waiting for your volunteer day, gather new or like-new winter items from your closet, storage unit, family or neighborhood and RSVP to drop off the items by Thursday, October 7th. Learn more at Rescue.org/WarmWelcomeSLC »
More opportunities in Salt Lake City, UT
IRC Tech Squad Volunteer
Join our tech squad to support new families and individuals with digital literacy and troubleshoothing.
Spice to Go Volunteer
Help refugee, immigrant and low-income Utahns share their amazing food with the community! Shifts are Thursdays 3:30-6:30pm for volunteers 14 or older.
Housing Support Volunteer
New refugees are arriving and we need support with setting up their new homes. Be part of making refugees welcome in Utah!
Front Desk Volunteer
Our office is reopening! Front desk volunteers will serve IRC clients as they arrive for appointments at the office.