Welcome to GenR!
GenR, short for Generation Rescue, is a group of young and influential humanitarians between the ages of 25 and 40 who have joined forces with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) to help people survive and rebuild their lives.
When you become a GenR member, you not only join a community of like-minded individuals, but have the opportunity to attend exclusive IRC-related cultural events, volunteer with recently resettled refugees, network with humanitarian leaders, and so much more. Best of all, as a member of GenR, you help to shape the future of one of the largest humanitarian aid organizations in the world. By lending your voice and supporting our efforts, you will help to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions of families around the world.
New York Metro Area
Salt Lake City
Don’t see your city listed? Don’t worry. GenR is continuously growing and chapters are popping up in new cities all the time. To learn how to get involved in your community, contact us at GenR@rescue.org or 212.551.2734.
Thank you to our sponsor:
We R GenR: Past Events
Since its launch in the summer of 2011, GenR members have come together to support the International Rescue Committee's vital mission. This group of young professionals has hosted events, volunteered their time, helped raise funds, connected with their fellow members and had fun!
More Slideshows ›
How We Help
- GenR advocates on behalf of uprooted people, raising awareness of forgotten humanitarian crises
- GenR volunteers support refugees resettled right in their communities
- GenR raises funds to support the IRC’s work with families uprooted by war or natural disaster
- GenR spreads the word about the IRC and the people who are helped in their journey from harm to home.
- GenR makes a real impact while connecting and having fun