Immigration and Citizenship Services
The IRC’s Pathways to Citizenship program strives to ensure equal protection under the law and civic integration of refugees and immigrants by assisting them to achieve U.S. citizenship. The IRC offers high-quality, low-cost immigration legal services and citizenship assistance in 22 cities across the U.S. Our comprehensive immigration services are provided by fully qualified IRC staff accredited by the U.S. Department of Justice's Board of Immigration Appeals.
How We Help
- The IRC assists refugees and immigrants in obtaining Lawful Permanent Resident Status (“Green Card”).
- We help qualified Lawful Permanent Residents apply for citizenship and provide civics classes to help prepare them for the citizenship test.
- We help reunite refugee and asylee families who have been separated by war and conflict, and assist immigrants and U.S. citizens petition for family members.
- We support qualified low-income applicants obtain fee waivers from certain USCIS application fees.
- We assist with applications for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and Unlawful Presence Waivers while supporting Comprehensive Immigration Reform to provide a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
- We assist refugees, immigrants and other qualified individuals with a range of other routine immigration matters, such as employment authorization, travel documents and document replacement.
- We assist with Temporary Protected Status and Diversity Visa Lottery applications.