Case Management (Procurement and Logistics)
Job Title: Intern, Procurement and Logistics Case Management
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Resettlement Case Management Interns will help in some of the most crucial areas of refugee resettlement work. Interns assist with core services including: applying for and enrolling clients in social service programs, school enrollment, medical assistance, apartment set-up, and other case management related tasks.
- Accompany refugee clients on appointments and interviews with community service providers (DES, Helath Clinics, Suntran, etc.)
- Prepare apartments for incoming refugee families
- Coordinate with Case Management staff to ensure services are being received
- Manage client files and track necessary services
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance as an IRC representative.
- Fulfill any other responsibilities assigned by supervising Case Manager.
- Punctuality, excellent time management skills, and a flexible schedule
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- Proficiency in foreign language is preferred, but not required
- Office experience a plus, but training will be provided
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Must have driver’s license, vehicle, auto insurance and clean driving record
- Minimum commitment of 10 hours/week for 3 month period
- Primary availability during IRC business hours (M-F, 8:30am-5pm)
Reports To: Senior Case Manager
Submit a resume, cover letter, and internship application to the Internship Coordinator, at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org. Some positions may require additional documents. Applicants will not be contacted for interviews until all materials are received.