Youth Futures Intern
The Youth Futures Program addresses specific social and academic needs of refugee and asylee youth through the After-School Program, Summer Camps and Internships, and ongoing individualized case management. Focused on academics, the After-School Program helps students with their homework and school projects every weekday. During summer break, the Youth Program offers an internship program, which introduces youth to the American workplace and helps them develop skills and set goals. Additionally, summer camp provides cultural, learning, social, and specific skill-building opportunities.
Youth Futures Case Management provides intensive individual educational, vocational, and career counseling, which serves to support the overall welfare of the youth and their families.
This position requires availability between the hours of 3:00 to 6:00 at least two days a week, though more days are preferred.Extra hours are possible in the office and during field trips and community service events. This position is designed to assist with the After-School Program. Responsibilities:
- Assist refugee pre-teens and teens with homework
- Build mentoring relationships with youth
- Assist Youth Case Manager with program logistics
- Provide administrative support
- Participate in weekly Youth Program Staff meeting
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience working with youth, teaching, or tutoring preferred
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment preferred
- Must feel comfortable with tutoring in high school subjects
- Must take initiative and work independently
- Flexibility and creativity
- Computer literacy
- Pass a State criminal background check
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.