Job Title: Pre-Arrival Volunteer
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Los Angeles
SCOPE OF WORK: The Pre-Arrival program assists refugee clients with the process of relocation to the United States. This includes assistance with pre-arrival logistics, travel arrangements, and coordination with the U.S. tie. The pre-arrival team also facilitates the application process, where the U.S. tie applies on behalf of persons in Iran who qualify to gain refugee status through the Lautenberg program. The pre-arrival volunteer will assist with this application process.
COMMITMENT: Volunteers have the opportunity to work at least 10-15 hours per week, Monday through Friday, for a minimum of 3-4 months. This is an unpaid position.
• Inform clients of the documents needed for the application and set up appointments
• Answer any questions regarding the application process
• Work one-on-one with clients to fill in the application
• Report to the supervising caseworker and assist with any administrative tasks that are assigned.
• Fluent in English; Fluency in Armenian or Farsi a plus
• Must be culturally sensitive and respectful of various backgrounds, lifestyles and beliefs
• Comfortable assisting clients who speak another language
• Respect client privacy and treat family information as confidential
• Flexibility, resourcefulness, and easy-going attitude a plus
• Report volunteer hours monthly to volunteer management staff
• Willing to work with clients at our Glendale office
Contact: Taylor Crotty, Volunteer Coordinator: Taylor.Crotty@rescue.org