Resettlement Shop Coordinator Intern
Title: Resettlement Shop Coordinator Intern
Country Program: US Programs
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: Minimum of 3 months
Background: Founded in 1933, the IRC is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. The IRC opened an office in Phoenix, Arizona in 1994 to provide reception and placement services to newly arrived refugees. A committed staff of professionals and volunteers provide essential resettlement services to refugee families including basic necessities, education, employment, social services and advocacy.
Scope: The Resettlement Shop Coordinator Intern will assist the In-Kind Coordinator with the operations of the IRC Resettlement Shop including coordinating client shopping and managing volunteers. This position requires daily interaction with refugees and therefore needs an individual who can communicate with non-English speakers and who is culturally-sensitive.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the In-Kind Outreach Coordinator, the intern will be assist with the following:
- Work with program volunteers to meet the needs of the clients;
- Manage volunteers at the Shop;
- Oversee and assist in the restock and organization of the Shop;
- Track donations given to clients via donation forms;
- Process donations dropped off by donors;
- Complete paperwork and administrative tasks related to the Shop;
- Assist with inventory requirements;
- Keep the In-Kind Outreach Coordinator apprised daily of needed items and operations of the Shop.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Detail-oriented and organized;
- Access to a reliable vehicle;
- Ability to carry up to 35 lbs;
- Cultural-sensitivity, strong desire to help people, and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural setting.
This position reports to the In-Kind Outreach Coordinator.