The IRC in San Diego provides free employment services to local San Diego employers and businesses by identifying and selecting the most qualified and competitive candidates to meet employers’ needs.
The IRC in San Diego is committed to assisting employers build a skilled and dedicated team to meet their business and workforce needs. We have been providing employers with reliable and dedicated candidates for over 30 years in San Diego County.
The IRC in San Diego’s employer services can provide you with candidates with a variety of skill sets and experiences. We have job seekers with the right work history, educational background and skills to suit your specific position that you are looking to fill.
We know that your time is valuable, so once you have selected the right candidate(s) for your business, we can assist you with the following services to ensure that your candidates(s) is ready to work from day one:
• All candidates complete a minimum of 15 hours of work readiness training, ESL classes and cultural orientation classes
• Administrative support – new hire paperwork, document collection
• Language translation services
• New hire orientations so that your new employees are aware of all work place policies and practices
• Transportation assistance
• A continuum of ongoing support and services
Additional benefits to using IRC in San Diego’s Employment Services
• Certified and licensed professionals with up to date and current vocational training completion
• Our candidates will qualify for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
• Your positions will be filled faster with applicants who are ready and legally authorized to work in the U.S
• Culturally competent and multilingual candidates to diversify your employee talent pool
• Pre-screening and assessment to ensure we find the right people for your company
• We use your existing hiring process and can bring candidates to your site or host your HR staff at the IRC office to meet candidates.
San Diego Employers Who Have Hired Refugees through IRC in San Diego’s Employer Services
Hilton Hotels, Ace Parking, Goodwill Industries, Subway, Family Health Centers of San Diego, Sycuan Resort, Neighborhood Healthcare, Hometown Buffet, Urban Corps, Universal Protection Services, Target, Good Nite Inn, Legoland, Kimpton Hotels, Home Depot, SSP America, HMS Host, La Maestra Community Clinics
The IRC in San Diego Can Be a Career Fair Site
If you would like to use the IRC in San Diego’s employer services and conduct a hiring fair so that you can meet with reliable, productive, resourceful and motivated individuals, our services can host an event for you so that you can hire quicker, easier and have a workforce ready for today.
If You Are Not Ready to Hire Now, Would You Like to Offer Your Professional Expertise?
Employers and professionals are welcome to participate in one of many of networking events that the IRC in San Diego hosts for their refugee clients to connect with local employers, businesses and professionals. There are many ways that you can participate such as informational career panels, mock interview practice for our job seekers, site tours of your company or employer as well as providing mentorship to our job seekers.
Become a Work Experience Site for the IRC in San Diego’s Connect2Work Youth Program
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in San Diego has been funded by the San Diego Workforce Partnership to run an innovative and exciting Connect2Work program that helps disadvantaged young adults connect to careers in five high-growth industries; healthcare, biotechnology, IT, Cosmetology, Public Sector, and auto/machining. In addition to comprehensive work readiness training, career exploration, and college and career planning, each Connect2Work participant gets a paid internship.
The IRC pre-screens and supports all internships, wages are paid by the grant funds, and a staffing agency is the employer of record covering workers comp, taxes and I-9 verification – in short, it couldn’t be easier to work with us! If you are interested in helping play a role in building the next generation of motivated and talented workers, please contact Kirsten Moore at Kirsten.Moore@Rescue.org or call +1 619 641 7510 x 314.
Photo: IRC clients at the IRC Job Fair. Michelle Evartt/The IRC