Refugee Youth Program Education Intern
Job Title: Intern, Refugee Youth Program Education
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Refugee Youth Program Education Intern reports directly to the Youth Program Coordinator. This position will assist the Youth Program Coordinator to establish and maintain a youth program which addresses the after school needs of refugee youth in Tucson.
Assist Youth Program Coordinator with the following:
- In consultation with other service providers and refugee youth in Tucson, develop and implement the Refugee Youth Coalition and the IRC Refugee Youth Program.
- Research, design and implement leadership curriculum for the Refugee Youth Coalition.
- Provide ongoing training to Refugee Youth Coalition Leadership and supervise their work
- Organize and conduct outreach efforts with refugee youth in Tucson
- Assure all paper work and reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with the Center for Well-Being Program Manager to ensure that services are being delivered effectively and in a timely manner.
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Assist with projects and administrative duties as assigned by the Center for Well-Being Program Manager.
- Pursuing a degree in education or youth services related field
- One year experience in youth programming or teaching
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in a foreign language is preferred, but not required
- Strong intercultural communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Must have driver’s license, vehicle, auto insurance, and clean driving record
- Minimum commitment of 10 hours/week for 3 month
- Availability during IRC business hours (M-F, 8:30am to 5pm) and occasional Saturdays
Reports To: Center for Well-Being Youth Program Coordinator
Submit a resume, cover letter, and internship application to Andrew Jenkins, Internship Coordinator, at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org. Some positions may require additional documents. Applicants will not be contacted for interviews until all materials are received.
Back to Tucson Internship Page