Youth Ambassador Program Coordinator
Job Title: Intern, Youth Ambassador Program Coordinator
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Tucson, Arizona
The Youth Ambassador Program Coordinator Intern reports directly to the Development Officer. This position oversees the Ambassador Internship Program in which high school students create awareness and solicit resources to support Tucson’s refugee community. The Youth Ambassador Program Coordinator Intern oversees the planning and implementation of the Ambassador Internship Program, including coordination with other youth programs, development of training curriculum, training and supervision of Youth Ambassadors, engagement of parents, and evaluation of the project.
- In consultation with staff, develops and implements the Ambassador Internship Program.
- Provides ongoing training to Youth Ambassadors and supervises their work.
- Networks with Tucson youth programs, other social service providers, and the refugee community to support and enhance existing youth volunteer efforts.
- Organize and conduct outreach efforts with Ambassador interns
- Coordinate activities with the Refugee Youth Coalition and other IRC programs.
- Assure all paper work and reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with the Development Officer to ensure that services are being delivered effectively and in a timely manner.
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Development Officer.
- Currently seeking a Master’s degree, preferably in a youth services related field
- Two years experience in youth programming
- Experience in program development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Sweet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the local Tucson area social service network and youth programming
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Must have driver’s license, vehicle, auto insurance, and clean driving record
- Minimum commitment of 10 hours/ week for 3 month period
- Primary availability during IRC buiness hours; (M-F, 8:30-5); occasional weekend hours for planned activities
- Fall and Spring availability preferred
Reports To: Development Officer
Submit a resume, cover letter, and internship application to Andrew Jenkins, Internship Coordinator, at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org. Some positions may require additional documents. Applicants will not be contacted for interviews until all materials are received.
Back to Tucson Internship Page